The Fiqh of Fasting
The holy month of Ramadan has arrived and it is certainly more than just a blessed month. It is an opportunity to transform yourself and route to success in this world and the hereafter.
Al Balagh Academy is offering this free course that aims to impart wisdom behind fasting and the important rulings related to it.
- These interactive and inspirational sessions will enhance your knowledge about this blessed month of Ramadan.
- Learn effective practices to maximise productivity and spirituality in Ramadan.
- Explore the fiqh of fasting in light of Quran, Sunnah and Modern Science and fiqh controversies concerning moonsighting, prayer timings, Taraweeh, I’tikaf and much more.
- Empower you with the right knowledge and spiritual motivation required to make the most of the holy month of Ramadan.
Join this free course and reap all the fruits of this sacred month of Ramadan.
|Starting Date:||Self-paced Instructor Guided|
|Effort:||2 Hours / Week|
|Mode:||Online (2 Live Sessions)|
Missed A LIVE Session?
Don’t worry. We have got the LIVE session recorded for you.
Have any questions? Check out FAQs section.
Mufti Abdul Waheed
Mufti Amjad Mohammed
Shaykh Dr. Rafaqat Rashid
1. Maximizing Productivity and Spirituality in Ramadan
- What is Fasting?
- Spirituality of Fasting
- Instructions from the Quran and Hadith
- History of Fasting
- How to be productive in Ramadhan
- How to achieve Taqwa?
2. The Fiqh of Ramadan Prayer Timings and Moon Sighting
- Timings of Fasting (18 degrees and 15 Degrees)
- Summer Fasts and Prayer timings
- Quran and Hadith on moonsighting
- Science and moonsighting
- Unity or Disunity
- Dealing with differences in the family
- Controversies of Moon Sightings and Prayer Timings
3. The Medical Fiqh of Fasting
- Medical Concessions for breaking Fast
- Principles and Criteria of breaking Fast
- The Fiqh of Fasting for diabetic patients
- The Fiqh of Fasting for pregnant and menstruating women
- Medical procedures and treatments invalidating the Fast
4. The Fiqh of Penalties and The Fiqh of Tarawih In Ramadan
- Principles of Qadha
- Principles of Kaffarah
- Controversies of Tarawih
- Taraweeh 8 or 20 rakats?
- The Essentials of Fiqh of Taraweeh Prayer
5. A Ramadan Guide to the Traveller and I’tikaf
- Rulings of Fasting travellers
- Breakers and non-Breakers of I’tikaf
- I’tikaf in a Musallah
- Women performing I’tikaf
2.Spirituality of Fasting
3.Instructions from the Quran and Hadith
4.History of Fasting
5.How to be productive in Ramadhan
6.How to achieve Taqwa?
2..Summer Fasts and Prayer timings
3.Quran and Hadith on moonsighting
4.Science and moonsighting
5.Unity or Disunity
6.Dealing with differences in the family
7.Controversies of Moon Sightings and Prayer Timings
2.Principles and Criteria of breaking Fast
3.The Fiqh of Fasting for diabetic patients
4.The Fiqh of Fasting for pregnant and menstruating women
5.Medical procedures and treatments invalidating the Fast
2.Principles of Kaffarah
3.Controversies of Tarawih
4.Taraweeh 8 or 20 rakats?
5.The Essentials of Fiqh of Taraweeh Prayer
2.Breakers and non-Breakers of I’tikaf
3.I’tikaf in a Musallah
4.Women performing I’tikaf
Allah says in Quran: “O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous.”
~ [Quran, 2: 183]