Al Balagh Muslim Leadership Training Program Level – 1
The Muslim Leadership training program is designed for the aspirants of leaders in Islamic Institutions, Mosques, Islamic Organisations, Islamic Schools, Charities or any other institution. This training program will help you to unleash your full potential and become a better leader in your field of expertise.
Get an extra 5% Discount (Pay In Full Only)
Select Payment Option:
Select Payment Option:
Select Payment Option:
Registration Deadline(Extended): 5th October 2019
Al Balagh Muslim Leadership Training Programme
About The Programme
The Muslim Leadership Training Program has been specially designed with the strategic aim to provide a foundation for practical knowledge, skills and tools required for emerging change-makers, spiritually well-versed and forward-thinking leaders, who can confidently guide and lead people, and create long-lasting impact across economic, juridical, social and political spheres of life.
The Leadership Program will focus on five themes:
- Gaining a clear-cut understanding of historical relevance, concepts, issues, challenges which western Muslim communities are faced with.
- Critically exploring Muslim identity with a greater focus on its relationship with spirituality, socio-economic, social justice and status quo.
- Learning practice-based approaches to organizing and communications skills to effectively lead and be a more influential leader.
- Empowering students to build programs and networks of compassion, justice and resilience and create long-lasting impact across economic, judicial, social and political spheres of life.
- Offering opportunities to learn from experienced thought-leaders, crafting out ways to deal with challenges, applying Islamic values, principles in accordance to the Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet (PBUH).
The goal of this course is to produce a new empowered generation of Global Muslim leaders who have the skills, values, spiritual insight and understanding of how to effect change for the betterment of society no matter what field, organisation or area of work they go into.
The Leadership Program is open for students who would like to embrace, enhance and develop their change-making and leadership capacity; who believe in the power of solidarity, community and organising; who have a keen interest in exploring servant leadership, mentorship and understanding new and innovative ways of powerfully navigating difficult conversations.
Successful students will work with the Al Balagh Team to plan practical next steps for innovative projects and community action initiatives.
Ali Jan Haider (Bradford, UK)
at NHS, UK
|Course Code:||ABL 101|
|Al Balagh Credits:||45|
|Course Starting Date:||22nd Sept 2019|
|Live Session Timings:||
|Effort:||2 – 5 Hours / Week|
|Program:||Al Balagh Advanced Leadership Training|
|Mode:||Online (Live and Interactive )|
|Online Learning Material:||Yes ( Accessible After Course Starting Date)|
|Video Recordings:||Yes ( Available within 48hrs After the Live Session )|
|Fees:||From £29.99 £24.99/month for 9 months|
Muslim Leadership Training Program consists of two courses:
Global Muslim Leadership
Leadership Skills Training
1. Emotional Intelligence: Self Awareness
- What is Self-Awareness
- Knowing your Strengths and Weaknesses
- Types of Intelligence
- Are you Emotionally Literate?
- How to develop Emotionally Literacy
- Beliefs, Values and Perceptions
- Examples from Life of The Prophet (SAW)
2. Emotional Literacy : Self Management
- The 4-Keys of Self-Management
- Achievement Orientation
- Emotional Self Control
- Positive Outlook and Self-Motivation
3. Emotional Literacy : Social Awareness
- Individual Awareness
- Organizational Group Awareness
- Values and Cultures within Organisations
- Power Relationships
- Interest Grids
- Influence Maps
- ARTS as a Tool
4. Emotional Literacy : Relationship Management
- Inspirational Leadership
- Conflict Management
- Influence Skills
- Coaching and Mentoring
5. Time Management : Setting priorities
- Self-Reflection Exercises
- Strength and Deficiency Scores
- Bad Habits
- Compliance vs Commitment
6. Time Management : Organising-self skills
- Setting Goals
- Driving Motivation
- Treasure Mapping
- Being SMART
- Analysing Energy Levels
7. Time Management : Looking at the bigger picture
- Treasure Mapping in Detail
- Role Modelling
- Scheduling in Detail
- Time Effectiveness- Best Task, Best Time, Best Way
- Imam al-Ghazali’s Four Activities
- Urgent/ Importance Matrix
- Goal/ Schedule Evaluation
8: Time Management : Dealing with time bandits
- Effective Delegation
9. Motivating Skills : Motivational approaches
- What is Motivation
- Motivational Journey
- Important Factors of Self-Motivation
- Islamic Model of Motivation
- Self Confidence
- Positive Thinking
- Strong Focus
- Motivation Culture
10. Motivating Skills : Exploring Motivation
- Four Important Fundamental Factors for
- Your Motivational Journey
- Visualising Success
11. Motivating Skills : How to change people
- Embedding Belief
- Drawing a Vision
- Investing in Action
- Planning Sustainability
12. Communicating effectively : Power of active listening
- How we Communicate
- Negative Assumptions
- Senders and Receivers
- Al Balagh Listening Style Inventory
- What’s Your Listening Style?
- Three Stages of Listening process
- Three Skills to Attain
- Seven Listening Tips
13. Communicating effectively : Speaking Assertively
- Power of Assertive Speaking
- Common Myths
- Appropriate Voice
- Positive and Engaging
- Body Language
- Your Style Inventory
- Four Styles of Speaking
14. Communicating effectively : Conflict Resolution
- Causes of conflict
- Destructive and Constructive Conflicts
- Four approaches to handling conflict- What’s your approach?
- Four Important Principles from the Holy Qur’an
- Dealing with challenging reactions
- Important points from the Messenger of Allah (saw)
15. Communicating effectively : Media Skills
- Understanding Different Media and their Expectations
- Managing your Nerves
- Getting your Preparation Right
- Controlling yourVoice
- Pitching your Key Message
- Creating Sound Bites
- Delivering Difficult or Negative Messages
- Handling Difficult Questions
- Interview Practice and Feedback
16. Strategic Thinking : Framing the Strategy
- Creating Value
- Capturing Value
- Delivering Value
17. Strategic Thinking : Developing the strategy
- The definitions of Vision, Mission, Strategy and Tactics
- The 3-Stage Process of Strategy Development
- 2 Strategic Analysis Tools
- How to Create a Strategic Vision
- How to Develop Strategies to Ahieve the Vision and Objectives
18. Strategic Thinking : Embedding the strategy
- Examine a Proven and Dynamic Approach to Embedding Sustainability into Organizational Strategies.
- Understand the Steps Involved.
- Appreciate the Importance of an “Organizational Purpose” to rally around.
Learn why and how to align Sustainability (and other initiatives) to Drive the Business.
- Examine how Organizations are Leveraging this approach to Drive Performance.
- Gain Access to Practical Tools that Support the Process.
19. Leading People : Qualities of a Leader
- Introducing Leadership
- Top 10 Leadership Qualities
- Leading Yourself
- Leading Others
- Team Building
- Leading People through Change
20. Management and Leading People : Chairing Meetings
- Holding a meeting
- Choosing Participants
- Writing an Agenda
- Ground Rules
- Presentation Skills
- Encouraging Discussion
- Scenario Exercise
What is this Course All about?
The Al Balagh Muslim Leadership Training program is an educational programme, with the sole purpose of empowering Muslim leaders to achieve their best, in dealing with their daily affairs and serving their communities, both Muslim and non-Muslim. Whether you lead in an Islamic institute, charity, or any kind of organisation. The Al Balagh Muslim Leadership Training program will teach and train you on a number of extremely important skills and theories which will combine Islamic values and important lessons from the Qur’an and Sunnah and couple them with some of the most important modern skillsets by learning over 60 skills and techniques that will help you become a better leader in your organisation or institution.
You will gain the ability to master core leadership techniques; discover how to use a wide variety of leadership styles; learn how to become highly emotionally intelligent; and find out how to lead effectively when things get difficult. You will also learn how to use modern technology and over 20 mind tools which will enable you work much more effectively and strategically. Enjoy exploring these tools, and becoming a highly effective leader! Al Balagh Academy’s focus is to provide world-class training and personal development courses for learners who wish to progress and achieve their life goals in line with the Islamic ethical values and etiquettes.
The Al Balagh Muslim Leadership and Training Programme is designed for those who are interested in becoming, or are presently working as, mid-level and senior managers and leaders in Islamic organisations, Islamic institutions, Madaris, Islamic schools, Masajid or other Islamic organisations, in a variety of global contexts. Drawing on internationally-based research, the course offers a critical and cultural understanding of leadership as a socially constructed and ethical practice.
In a globally connected and rapidly changing world, Islam offers each individual the best chance of navigating towards the paradise. In this course, you’ll explore the opportunities and challenges that Muslim leaders face as they are given greater autonomy to have a positive impact on pupils and their followers/students.
The course aims to provide both theory and case-based practical advice on some of the most interesting and most common issues for Muslim leaders. The course will address issues and skills related to good leadership related to many areas of work i.e. leading an Institute, organisation, a project, programme or just generally the community. The course will address some fundamental questions affecting leaders today and teach you how to use a number of very powerful tools to enable your effective working.
Course Content and Format
This course is to be completed over 3 to 4 months. The course consist of 10 to 12 live online interactive sessions, pre-recorded videos, online course material and engaging learning activities including online assessments and practical assignments.
The whole course is taken online and offers a flexible way to study while maintaining work and personal commitments.
It consists of the following components:
Live Online Sessions: There will be 10 to 12 live online lecturers. Which will be delivered on Weekdays for between 90 minutes to 120 minutes. The instructors will deliver interactive online lectures on the topics. You are encouraged to discuss cases during the tutorial, ask questions and raise important points for feedback. This discussion is a key component of the learning process and the more you can engage with the tutor, the more productive and enjoyable your learning will be. The live session will be recorded and you can get access to these recordings on the website after the live session within 48 to 72 hours. In case if you miss the live session, you can catchup by watching the recordings at your convenient time.
Online Course Material: This course material may be articles, case scenarios with questions or pre-recorded videos or further learning material . You can review, print, read, and engage with the course material during the course and use the discussion board to ask questions related to the course content.
The course material will be released gradually on “myAlbalagh” which is our student learning portal and every student will get 24/7 access to “myAlbalagh”. Students can get access to online learning portal from desktop, laptops or even from mobile devices. You can also download our mobile app compatible with android and IOS mobile devices to get access to the course material from anywhere anytime.
Online Learning Activities: Online activities could include online assessments, practical assignments or some question exercises to help you revise, reflect and gain a pragmatic approach and understanding to the subject.
By the end of this unique course, the students will be able to:
- Describe the Islamic perspective to good leadership.
- Understand basic principles of leadership skills and how to apply them for real, using some of the most effective toolkits.
- Gain knowledge and practical understanding of leadership styles
- Develop an ability to be efficient and have high impact on others using mindtools
- Understand how you can be the best that you can be using the best knowledge and tools out there.
- Be an inspiration to others with confidence, skills and the know-how. Key Points ( Note: Could be given anywhere on the web page for attracting)
- Benefit from the opportunity to reflect on and challenge your professional experience.
- Take part in lively discussions on contemporary issues in leadership and management.
- Learn the practices that characterise effective leadership, and how to bring about change.
Learn More About Our Courses?
Discuss your opinion with one of our friendly advisers