THE FIQH OF MEDICINE – LEVEL 3
The course provides an in-depth conceptual introduction to the field of Islamic bioethics and will examine the practical and theological ethics of medical issues in Muslim contexts and from an Islamic perspective. The course will cover key concepts within Islamic theology, epistemology, and fiqh pertaining to modern day medicine. The course will conclude with applying principles discussed in the course, to contemporary medical cases.
Course Aims and Objectives:
- To describe the Islamic legal and ethical perspectives on contemporary medical issues.
- To understand the principles of Islamic Jurisprudence [Usul ul Fiqh] as a basis for the practice of medicine in accordance with
- To develop a greater understanding of the Islamic rulings relating to the field of Islamic medical ethics.
- To discuss critical concepts of Islamic theology and doctrinal positions that underpin Islamic moral frameworks.
- To provide a forum and interpersonal contact between Medical Practitioners, Muslim Scholars (Ulamaa) and other academics, in order to build a network of support and resource for the future.
|Effort:||2 to 4 hours per Week|
|Price:||From £54.99 per month.|
|Mode:||Online (Live and Interactive)|
AlBalagh Scholarship is available for learners who cannot afford the fee. Learn more and apply.
The main topics for the level 3 will be as below;
- A Study of Kitab ut Tib (The chapter of Medicine) of Sahih Al-Bukhari
- Research Essay- Islamic Medical Fiqh and Ethics
- Tutorial on Researching Islamic Medical Ethics
- The Development of Islamic Fiqh in the first 3 centuries
- The Fiqh of Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Sexual Health – Advanced
- The Fiqh of Cosmetic and Enhancement Therapy
- Islam, Mental Health and the Paranormal ( Optional)
- Consanguineous Marriages
- Medical Insurance / NHS Pensions
- The Duties and Earning in the Medical Field.
- Dilemmas in Baby Designing
- The Fiqh of Patient
- The Fiqh of Prescribing, Dispensing, and Immunization
- Health economics and Equality of care including Hospital Management
- Confidentiality and Patient Autonomy, Consent and Refusal of Treatment
- Advanced Issues in Organ Donation and Transplantation
- Medical Research and Experimentation
- Responsibility, Liability and Rights of patients in Islam and those who treat them
- Islam and Philosophical Bioethics
- Advanced issues in End of Lifecare
- Alternative Prophetic Medicine/Healing. A contemporary approach to alternative Medicine such as prophetic medicine.
Learn More About Our Courses?
Discuss your opinion with one of our friendly advisers