By enrolling in a course on Al Balagh Academy, you are joining a unique worldwide community of learners. Al Balagh Academy aspires to provide anyone with an internet connection access to online Islamic courses and to provide our learners with the best educational experience internet technology enables. You are a part of the community that helps Al Balagh Academy achieve this goal. Al Balagh Academy depends upon your motivation to learn the material and to do so with honesty and academic integrity. To participate in Al Balagh Academy, you must agree to the Honor Code below and any additional terms specific to a course or program. This Honor Code, and any additional
Honor CODE PLEDGE
By enrolling in an Al Balagh Academy course or program, I agree that I will:
- Complete all tests and assignments on my own, unless collaboration on an assignment is explicitly permitted.
- Maintain only one user account and not let anyone else use my username and/or password (except close family members).
- Not engage in any activity that would dishonestly improve my results, or improve or hurt the results of others.
- Not post answers to problems that are being used to assess learner performance.
Community Code of Conduct
By participating in Al Balagh Academy courses, you agree to:
- Cultivate a positive, supportive learning environment;
- Communicate respectfully and considerately with all students, alumni and Al Balagh Academy staff;
- Not share content that is obscene, illicit, threatening, or discriminatory;
- Contribute constructively to discussions with fellow community members; and
- Notify Al Balagh Academy immediately if you become aware of Honor Code or community violations at [email protected]
The following behaviours are examples of the types of conduct that will not be tolerated in any Al Balagh Academy community:
- Harassment: Inappropriate, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or violent comments or conduct.
- Discrimination: Offensive comments related to gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability or disease.
- Distributing inappropriate images: Use of sexual, violent,
graphic, or derogatory images.
- Bullying: Deliberate intimidation, threats of violence, violent language, or other languages (e.g., comments on physical appearance), designed to intimidate, degrade, or shame another person.
- Sexual harassment: Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Cheating and plagiarism: Cheating and plagiarism. Please see the Honor Code for more information.
- Other harmful conduct: Obscene, fraudulent, indecent, or libellous acts that defame, abuse, harass, discriminate against or threaten others.
If you are found in violation of the Terms of Service or Honor Code, you may be subject to one or more of the following actions:
- Receiving a zero or no credit for an assignment;
- Having any certificate earned in the course or program withheld or revoked;
- Being unenrolled from a course or program; or
- Termination of your use of the Al Balagh Academy Site.
- Additional actions may be taken at the sole discretion of Al Balagh Academy and Al Balagh Academy Member course providers.
No refunds will be issued in the case of any corrective action for such violations.
Honour Code violations will be determined at the sole discretion of Al Balagh Academy. You will be notified if a determination has been made that you have violated this Honor Code and you will be informed of the corresponding action to be taken as a result of the violation.